How Your Business Can Benefit from an Access Control System
Did you know that up to 30% of businesses fail due to crime? According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, crimes including theft, burglary, and unauthorized access to a building, can be devastating to a business of any size.
You need to take the right measures to keep your company, employees, and clients safe. And when it comes to implementing effective security measures, access control is the place to start.
What is Access Control?
An access control system is exactly what it sounds like—it helps you control who has access to your buildings, offices, and other important spaces. Locks and keys are the most basic type of access control, but they are not effective to protect all the resources of a thriving business.
An electronic access control system lets you monitor and/or restrict who has access to which rooms and buildings. It also eliminates the risk and extra costs associated with lost keys. If you use access cards, key codes, or even fingerprint recognition, you won’t have to worry about people losing their keys—and best of all, you can simply reprogram the system if there is a potential breach.
Benefits of an Access Control System
It’s easy to see how your business could benefit from tighter controls over who comes and goes, as well as where and when. Here’s a quick overview of why an access control system makes sense for every business.
- Control who can enter every space of your business
- Prevent unauthorized access to buildings and restricted areas
- Limit the times that sensitive areas can be accessed
- Generate reports that tell you exactly who is going where, and when they enter or leave
- Validate time cards by comparing to entrance and exit records
- Centralized lock-down control in the event of a security threat or emergency
- Remote monitoring by you and/or a central monitoring station
- Peace of mind from knowing your resources are protected from non-approved visitors
- No need to re-key locks if a key is lost or stolen
- Simple, immediate updates to access credentials due to personnel changes
Determining if Your Business Needs an Access Control System
The easiest way to figure out if your business could benefit from an access control system, is to consider the following questions.
- Will clients and/or employees benefit from more security?
- Could a lost key threaten my business?
- Do different employees need customized access privileges?
- Can my business benefit from restricting access based on day or time?
- Would a record of when employees enter and exit be useful?
If you can answer yes to even one of those questions, you need to take a close look at adding access control to your overall security plan.
How We Can Help
When you’re ready to upgrade your business security with an access control system, American Alarm Systems has the solution you need. Whether you want access control panels, card readers, or the extra security of biometric controls, AAS can deliver.
Our experts understand how important your business is, and we have more than 50 years of experience protecting businesses just like yours. Don’t leave your company at risk—contact us today and get started configuring the right access control system for your unique business needs.
Latest posts by Chris Robinson (see all)
- 9 Reasons American Alarm Systems is the Best Irvine Home Security - December 2, 2019
- How to Choose A Home Security System in Irvine, CA - October 24, 2019
- How Fire Alarm Systems Protect Your Business - September 5, 2019