Security matters to your business, and thanks to technological advances, it can do more for you than ever before. One of the best ways a cutting-edge security system can protect your assets is through video verified alarms.
What does “video verified” mean?
Gone are the days when all you had to rely on was a loud alarm to scare away potential thieves. Today, you can literally catch the bad guys in the act, thanks to video verified alarm systems.
Simply put, video verified means that any security breach is captured by a video clip that is triggered by the security system’s motion detector. Rather than simply sending out an alarm, a video verified system also sends a video clip that lets the security monitoring center know immediately that a break-in is in progress.
Unlike CCTV surveillance, video verification does more than record footage that has to be reviewed later. Instead, video verification covers all crucial entry points in real time, and immediately sends a video notification to your system’s central monitoring center whenever security sensors are tripped.
This makes it easy for monitors to distinguish between false alarms and real emergencies. With actual video footage of a crime in progress, security monitors can quickly dispatch police and provide crucial identifying information.
Video verified alarm systems eliminate questions about false alarms and help improve response times from law enforcement. This means your potential losses can be drastically reduced. Video verification also helps police identify and catch criminals, so that no other businesses become victims of the same perpetrators.
Why it matters to your business
You don’t want to take chances when it comes to the security of your business and its assets. That’s why it is worth the time and investment to make sure you’ve protected your company in the best way possible. Here’s what video verification can add to your overall security strategy.
- 24/7 monitoring: Video verified alarm systems come with the bonus of someone watching your business around the clock. If an alarm is tripped, a video clip is instantly sent to the monitoring center, allowing them to quickly assess whether or not your business is under threat of burglary.
- No more false alarms: Those instant video clips mean no more false alarms in the middle of the night. Both law enforcement and you will only be notified if a real threat is detected in the video clip. False alarms are inconvenient and expensive, as many alarm companies charge for false alerts. Video verification takes the guesswork out of your business’ security.
- Faster police response: Because police know for sure that a real crime is happening, response time is faster. Verification of an actual break-in is a higher priority than a potential false alarm call, which means help will be on the way faster than ever before.
- Fewer losses: When police arrive faster, criminals have less time to do their dirty work. That means fewer losses for you to contend with, less insurance paperwork to deal with, and less downtime before you’re back to business-as-usual.
- Better odds of catching criminals: A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video of a crime in progress is worth a hundred police man-hours. Even with DNA, fingerprints, and other crime scene analysis, nothing helps jump-start an investigation better than a photo of the criminal. Video verification gives you a big leg-up when it comes to identifying—and ultimately convicting—the perpetrators.
How to get started
Fortunately, video technology is more affordable than ever, making a video verified alarm system a practical choice for nearly any size business. When you combine video verification with other state-of-the-art security system features—like central monitoring and motion detection—you’re giving your business the strongest protection available.
Don’t wait another day to give your company the security it deserves. Contact American Alarm Systems today to find out how a video verification alarm system can take your business security strategy to the next level.
Latest posts by Chris Robinson (see all)
- 9 Reasons American Alarm Systems is the Best Irvine Home Security - December 2, 2019
- How to Choose A Home Security System in Irvine, CA - October 24, 2019
- How Fire Alarm Systems Protect Your Business - September 5, 2019