No matter the size of your business, it deserves the protection—and you deserve the peace of mind—that comes with a security system.
Business security protects your company in multiple ways. Not only does it help you look out for your buildings and assets, but it can also help you prevent, and even solve, criminal activity that can impact employees, vendors, and/or customers.
How Crime Impacts a Business
Businesses can be vulnerable to a number of crimes, including robbery, vandalism, burglary, employee theft, fraud, and shoplifting. The resulting costs of criminal activity can drain a business of thousands—or even millions—of dollars each year.
Internal crime, like employee theft, undermines the very fabric of a business, and can impact the confidence that both customers and employees have in the company. Employees can steal property, supplies, and company trade secrets. When small businesses are victims of any kind of crime, the fallout can be so devastating that the future of the company may be put at risk.
With so much at stake, it simply isn’t good business to put off installing the security measures your business needs.
How Business Security Systems Prevent Crime
Cameras and alarms help you keep an eye on what’s going on, and their mere presence can be enough to make would-be criminals think twice. When you do install security measures, don’t keep it a secret. Be sure to let everyone know that your business is under surveillance and that there are alarms in place.
Security systems that include alarm codes or security badges to access buildings and offices provide the extra assurance that only people who belong there can get inside your business. It also helps employees and clients feel safer while on the premises.
When you monitor what’s happening, as well as who is coming and going, you minimize the opportunity for criminals to hurt your business. In fact, the right security system can virtually remove your business from consideration as a target all together
How Business Security Systems Solve Crimes
Unfortunately, sometimes even the most security-minded business can fall victim to a crime. In the event that your business is targeted, a security system can help you gather evidence and catch the bad guy.
Security cameras that record and store video provide documentation of everything that happens at your business, including nefarious activities. This means that even if someone gets away with committing a crime on your property, you probably already have their face somewhere on the video backup. This is a huge boon to law enforcement when they conduct their investigation.
Video evidence not only helps police identify criminals, but it can also help them prosecute the offenders. It’s hard to argue with a recording showing the suspect committing the offense.
What to Look For in a Business Security System
Once you decide to install a business security system, you want to make sure you get a system that delivers everything you need. At a minimum, your business security system should include the following:
- Surveillance cameras: Look for cameras that let you watch live video and also records footage for review later. You also want cameras both inside and outside of your business, and make sure that they also have night vision capabilities.
- Access control: Keeping track of who can get into your place of business—and when—is vital to your security. Make sure your security system includes either card readers, access codes, or fingerprint readers at crucial entry and exit points.
- Alarms: It’s important that you, and the bad guys, are alerted when your security system is breached. Seek out an alarm system that includes video verification to help you see exactly what’s going on when an alarm is triggered. This helps eliminate false alarms and can help you stop criminals faster.
- Monitoring: One of the best things a security system provides is an extra set of eyes on your business, even when you’re not there. For the most security look for a system that includes both remote monitoring via your smartphone, and professional, 24/7 monitoring from a monitoring center.
You’ve worked hard to make your business a success. Don’t put everything you’ve accomplished at risk by neglecting to protect it with a business security system. Contact American Alarm Systems today to find out how we can help keep you and your business from becoming a victim of crime.
- 9 Reasons American Alarm Systems is the Best Irvine Home Security - December 2, 2019
- How to Choose A Home Security System in Irvine, CA - October 24, 2019
- How Fire Alarm Systems Protect Your Business - September 5, 2019